Pre-Paid Funeral Plans
What is a funeral plan?
A funeral plan is an easy way to arrange the funeral you want in advance. A plan allows you to specify your wishes and pay for the funeral director’s services included in your plan. As our customers often tell us, that can bring peace of mind to you and your family. A plan from Golden Charter also includes an allowance towards third party costs. These are essential, non-funeral director services such as the cremation or burial fees, plus the minister or officiant’s fee to perform the service.
At F Irving & Son, we work in partnership with Golden Charter to provide you with a safe and reliable way to plan ahead. As one of the UK’s largest funeral plan providers*, Golden Charter has helped 900,000 people make funeral provisions** so we’re completely confident in offering their plans to you.
Everyone has different needs when it comes to funeral planning, so we make sure the plans we offer are as flexible as possible. When you get in touch, we’ll be happy to discuss your funeral requirements and tailor a plan to suit you. Rest assured a plan from Golden Charter is available to all UK residents who are over 18, regardless of age or state of health.
Would you like to know more information about how a Golden Charter funeral plan could work for you?
We can provide you with all of the information you need to make an informed decision for you and your family, so get in touch today!
*Based on selling 14% of funeral plans in the UK in 2021
**Correct at April 2022
F Irving & Son is an appointed representative of Golden Charter Limited trading as Golden Charter Funeral Plans which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN:965279).
Registered in England No. 02511598 Registered Office: One Fleet Place, London EC4M 7WS.
Planning ahead the with Independent Way Funeral Plan
While some people don’t want to think about arranging their own funeral, which is only natural. However, you can help to gain the peace of mind that you have put your affairs in order and organised the funeral you would like.
A plan that’s tailored to your needs
As an independent funeral director, we’ll take the time to understand your wishes and tailor a plan to suit you. We will gladly meet you at our premises or in your home at a time that suits you, when it is safe to do so. You can tell us about any preferences you have in mind – the type of funeral you would like to have, hymns, music or any other personal touches – and we’ll make sure your plan takes these into account.
We’re here to help
We understand that it can be hard to think about your funeral and you may not be sure where to start. As your local expert, we’re here to help. When you get in touch, we’ll be happy to discuss your funeral requirements and find the plan that suits you best.
What funeral costs do I need to cover?
As well as the funeral director’s services, which are guaranteed to be covered as set out in your plan, there are other costs you need to consider:
Funeral director services:
These costs are guaranteed to be covered by your Independent Way Funeral Plan. They typically include:
- Professional services and making arrangements for cremation or burial
- Transportation of the deceased from place of death to the funeral director’s premises, chapel of rest or other suitable location.
- Care of the deceased and preparations for family viewing if requested
- Advice on the certification and registration of death and related documentation
- Provision of funeral vehicles
- Advice on bereavement counselling
- Coffin or casket requested
Third party costs:
These costs are beyond the control of the funeral director and need to be paid to the relevant third parties, at the time of the funeral. A Golden Charter funeral plan will include a contribution towards these third party costs. They may include:
- Crematorium fee
- Minister or officiant’s fee
- Purchase of grave or lair
- Cemetery fee: the opening of a new or existing grave for burial or interment of cremated remains
- Hire of church or other venue
- Fees of organist or soloist
- Memorial, such as a headstone, entry in a book of remembrance, or the planting of a tree
- Catering, floral tributes and newspaper announcements
Your payments are safe and secure in the Golden Charter Trust
- With a Golden Charter funeral plan your payments are protected
- Your money is paid into the Golden Charter Trust* which is run by a Board of Trustees, completely independent of Golden Charter.
- The Trustees are chosen for their skills and experience, and safeguard the payments made by our customers.
- They make sure all future funerals can be paid for, which means we can guarantee the funeral director’s services included in your plan will be delivered at the time they are required.
To find out more about the Trust and how it protects customers’ funds, visit goldenchartertrust.co.uk
* This excludes the fixed monthly payment option where money is paid to a UK life assurance company and managed by them.
Ready to take the next step? Get in touch today
As well as the comfort of having a plan in place, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with being able to help save your family from worry and expense in the future. So why not take the next step?
Remember, Independent Way plans are available to everyone, not just those aged over 50, and there are no medical or health questions to answer when you apply.
Looking after you as a customer
As an Independent Way plan holder, you’ll receive personalised plan documents, which include a summary of your plan, your funeral director’s details, your plan holder certificate and a personal membership card for you to carry in your purse or wallet.
Your funeral director will hold full details of your funeral plan. When the time comes, one phone call is all it takes to activate your plan and get the arrangements underway.