F Irving & Son has a proud history of serving Frizington and the surrounding areas for over 60 years. Our family-owned and family-run service provides emotional support and expert practical advice at your time of need.
- Our Funeral Directors are trained and qualified to act as a professional and confident advisor who ensures that arrangements are carried out with efficiency and dignity.
- We are sympathetic towards all ethnic and religious groups, and handle arrangements for modern, non-religious and alternative funerals.
- Arrangements can be made at our family lounge or in your own home.
- We provide a 24-hour, 365 day call-out service and will provide you with complete comfort, support and peace of mind at your time of need.
- We are members of The National Association of Funeral Directors and abide by their Code of Conduct.
Our story began in the early 1960's when Fred Irving bought the business from his former employer, Harry Massey. Fred had served his time as a joiner with Mr Massey from leaving school. Fred and his wife Connie worked hard to grow the business and in 1962, their son Keith, fresh from school himself, joined the family business.
Keith took over the reins fully in 1974 following Fred and Connie's retirement, and in 1976 expanded the business further by taking over from the retiring Harry Nevinson in the Kirkland area. From this time, the business continued to grow and gain a reputation as thoroughly professional joiners and undertakers.
Sadly, Keith died in 1995 aged just 48 - leaving sons Malcolm and Stephen.
As their own father had done, Malcolm and Stephen went straight in to the business after leaving school, and with help from their mother Marjorie, they took over the day-to-day running of the Funeral Directors and joinery business.
Under Malcolm and Stephen's stewardship, the business has continued to provide care and emotional support for the people of Frizington and surrounding areas, working very hard to maintain the high standard and quality first created by grandad Fred and Connie, carried on by Keith and Marjorie. The premises at Main Street, Frizington has recently undergone a renovation to create a modern lounge and Chapel of Rest and the business was proud to announce the arrival of their very first funeral fleet in 2014.
With the hard work that has gone in before and the continual investment, Malcolm and Stephen look forward to many more years serving their community.
152-153 Main Street, Frizington, Cumbria. CA26 3SB. Tel. 01946 810473
© F Irving & Son 2014-15 Webmaster Login